Nurturing young companies at The Innovation Hub
Incubation is a dynamic process of business enterprise development. At The Innovation Hub, we seek to nurture young companies, helping them to survive and grow during the start-up phase when they are most vulnerable. At The Hub, we provide hands-on assistance in areas of development, research, marketing, legal matters, and much more. By offering access to equipment, flexible leases and expandable space, The Innovation Hub provides the support that is critical for new businesses to start on the right foot and thrive.
The Innovation Hub offers over 12,000 square feet of Class A office space in varying office sizes so that you can find the perfect fit.
In addition to the amenities offered by being here at The Innovation Hub, you can also expect to enjoy:
- Access to certain University of Mississippi resources
- Shared business office services equipment
- Marketing and Legal Assistance
- Networking Opportunities
- Access to potential capital
- Access to professional conference and training spaces with state-of-the-art telecommunications
- Shared kitchen facilities and lounge areas
Incubator Admissions Criteria
If you are interested in business incubation at The Innovation Hub, there are some questions you can ask yourself as you begin to think about your business, and if it would be the right fit for a business incubation environment.
- Does the company share a tie with a university academic or research program?
- Is the company a start-up or early-stage, knowledge-based enterprise?
- Does the company seem to have a reasonable opportunity for success?
- Does the company need the services provided in the incubator?
- Is the company’s primary business related to one of the university’s academic disciplines or areas of research focus?
- Is the company already located in other commercial space in Oxford-Lafayette County?
- Does the company have all required local and state government licensing and registration must be satisfied prior to acceptance?
Companies who want to locate in The Innovation Hub incubator must agree to partner with, by the end of their first year of occupancy, at least one faculty member, department, college, center, institute or other entity at the University of Mississippi. The company should endeavor to develop an interactive and ongoing relationship that will be mutually beneficial and add value for both the partner and the university. This proposed new or expanded partnership will form the primary basis for whether or not the company’s lease will be renewed.