The mission of Insight Park is to provide a dynamic research park where businesses can take full advantage of opportunities for collaborative research, academic resources and more.
Insight Park welcomes companies commercializing University of Mississippi research and who desire to work with the university to maximize their business by utilizing the human and physical resources available through such a partnership.
Insight Park is:
- a 19-acre research and business park adjacent to The University of Mississippi campus in Oxford, Mississippi
- available for the immediate development of approximately 14 acres
- includes all infrastructure needed, all the way down to fiber for high-end telecommunications
- a business incubator called the Innovation Hub featuring:
- long-term leasing options
- 62,000 square feet of space
- state-of-the-art laboratory space
- unfinished multi-tenant area
- Class-A office space
- a place for meetings, training and social events in the Venture Lab
With a population of just over 27,000, Oxford, Mississippi, combines small-town advantages with big-city amenities. Oxford is committed to its existing industry and to establishing a healthy partnership with new businesses.
- Offering favorable tax incentives and finance programs locally and throughout the state of Mississippi
- S.M.A.R.T. Business – University Research Incentive Program
- Collaborating with Innovate Mississippi in the development and sponsorship of an Oxford Angel investment group
- Partnering with the Mississippi Small Business Development Center headquartered at The University of Mississippi
- Maintaining working relationships with the
- Mississippi Development Authority
- North Mississippi Industrial Development Association
- Tennessee Valley Authority
- Three Rivers Planning and Development District
- Oxford-Lafayette Chamber/EDF
- and other local, state and federal government agencies
The Mississippi Health Care Industry Zone Act (House Bill 1537) promotes the growth of the health care industry in Mississippi. It was approved by the Mississippi Legislature and signed into law by former Governor Phil Bryant.
The Mississippi Health Care Industry Zone Act aims to:
expand access to high-quality medical care for Mississippi residents
increase the number of health care jobs in the state by providing incentives to health care businesses that locate or expand within a qualified Health Care Zone
create at least 25 full-time jobs and/or invest at least $10 million”
The incentive program is designed to benefit medical service providers and businesses engaged in:
- Medical supply
- Medical product distribution
- Laboratory testing
- Diagnostic imaging
- Pharmaceutical research and development
- Medical equipment or medicine production and related manufacturing or processing
What is a Health Care Zone? The definition of a Health Care Zone has three components:
- an area where there are three adjoining counties which have Certificates of Need for more than 375 acute care hospital beds
- the business must locate or expand within a five-mile radius of a health care facility with a certificate of need for acute care hospital beds
- an area within five miles of a hospital constructed before July 1, 2017, and with a minimum capital investment of $250 million,
- an area within a five-mile radius of a college university that awards health care-related degrees or trains existing workers for jobs in the healthcare or pharmaceutical field.
Life in Oxford
Oxford’s unparalleled charm captivates both visitors and lifelong residents. The charismatic university town is filled with shops and galleries, fine-dining and casual restaurants, historic landmarks and parks.
Located among the rolling hills of north Mississippi, Oxford’s vibrant reputation has made it a Southern mecca for arts and culture and a destination for those seeking creative exploration and expression.
The community’s Southern hospitality has attracted educators, writers, researchers and other professionals who have found Oxford to be the ideal community to pursue careers and raise families.